Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturdays

Saturdays have always been a symbol of freedom for me, so I am going to use Saturdays as a free day, a day to write a whole paragraph if I feel like it, or to share about anything, even if it doesn't have to do with parenting!  But I intend to still keep it short and simple.

Today, I just want to spill out the thrills of my week.  Simple to most, but major league in my world...

  • We found out that we get to borrow a cabin for our week of vacation next week at Rock Lake, a small lake in Michigan. (We were planning on having to have a "stay-cation" because of lack of funds.)
  • The youngest 5 and I got to swim at our neighbors 4ft. deep pool all week. (90 degree weather was threatening to keep us indoors.)
  • After window shopping on Craigslist for weeks, (knowing that we had $0) my astounding, glamorous, insanely generous sister and handsome, buff, debonair  brother-in-law, bestowed upon us two well-loved comfy chairs. (I am sitting in one right now!!) We have them in our bedroom, so now we can wake up slowly sipping coffee and reading almost without entering into the abyss of kids. Now we just need a Keurig machine!!
  • And to top it all off, my husband and I went on a date last night which was near perfect.  The only thing that would have made it a tad bit better, would have been if I would have put my fork down sooner.  But that would be as likely as ever knowing where my smart phone is.

No comments:

Post a Comment