Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daily Pill Popping

I wanted to share what I do every day to help with the postpartum depression.

Every morning I take:
1 Pre-natal Vitamin
2 Vitamin C 500mg capsules
1 Flax Seed Oil softgel, 1000 mg and 700 mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
1 B100 Vitamin B-Complex

I do take probiotics to help fight off the thrush that Jesse and I both had for a while as well.

I also sit in front of my light box for 30 min., if the sun is not shining, which is most days. If the sun is out I put my lawn chair out in the snow, heat up a rice bag and some hot tea, and sit outside for the same amount of time.

I know this may not help everyone, but I wanted to encourage those of you out there, that you don't have to keep fighting on your own. Keep trying different things, with careful prayer and consideration, and don't shy away from going to the doctor's office. They don't always jump right to the drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment