Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Return

OK, so how do I possibly share it all? I am going to try to sum everything up, but forgive me if I babble or seem a little unorganized in my delivery. I am going to have to do this in a couple of installments because of the time, and the fact that I still have a household to try to run!!

To give a little bit of background, I have a wonderful friend and mentor that I met in 1997 in Grand Haven, MI, just 4 months before my first child was to be born. Her name is Monique, and she had 4 children of her own. She now has 6. She home schooled and trained her children in a way I had never seen before. I was very interested in how she did things and she was gracious enough to take me under her wing, and has yet to let me out of her sight. She has since moved to Kentucky, and just a couple of years later, to Florida. While in Kentucky, the jubilees began. For one week, once a year or so, I would drive down to see her. My girls, 2 of them at that time, would stay with my mother, or my sister, and I would go alone, for 5-7 days for rest and rejuvenation. Monique also has a jubilee whenever she can get a chance, and has a passion for providing that for others as well. So, that being said, I went to Florida this past week for my jubilee. Now when I go, my husband takes the week off of work and stays home with most of the kids. My mom usually takes one or two, and if I am nursing, I take the baby. So, John stayed home with Alison, Julie, Laci, and Jack. My mom had Emmy, and I took Jesse with me. I was slightly dissappointed that I didn't get to go completely alone, but can I really complain about getting to go to Florida???!!!!???!!!

My husband just got home, so I will continue this tomorrow. Much more to come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment